Acceptable Use Policy
Definitions in this AUP have the same meaning as in our Terms and Conditions.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review the content of the private areas on our SiteBuilder Website and the content of your Website, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the material or content posted by you or any third party.
This AUP applies to your use of the private areas of our Site Builder Website, to any Website we supply to you via our Site Builder Website at www.SiteBuilderDIY.co.uk
, and to your use of any related email account.
The list of behaviours below is not exhaustive. What we generally require of our customers is considerate behaviour, which does not abuse the facilities we have made available to you. We will not permit behaviour that damages our reputation, or has a negative impact on our (or our suppliers) equipment or network, or on other Internet users including our own customers.
You will be responsible for your own and your users' use of the private areas of our SiteBuilder Website, and for the legal and regulatory compliance of your Website, and with all applicable laws and regulations, codes, policies and Internet etiquette, and must not use your Website for any illegal purpose or to advertise or sell illegal products or services.
Here are some examples of what we require.
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must not use a false identity or pseudonym nor allow your users to use a false identity or pseudonym, when registering with us or using any part of our Site Builder Website including your Website, or when using our Services, to give the impression that the message or posting originated from someone other than you.
- The content of your Website (including without limitation, text, images, sound, video or other electronic files or material) and any advertisements must be legal, decent and honest. You must not use content which is illegal or indecent, for example of a pornographic, obscene, indecent, defamatory, racist, abusive, offensive, menacing or extremist political nature or which may incite violence, sadism, cruelty or racial hatred, may facilitate prostitution or paedophilia.
- The information on your Website must be accurate and up to date.
- If you use your Website to sell goods or services, you must comply with all relevant e-commerce legislation, including (without limitation) the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable consumer protection or other legislation.
- You must not allow users of your Website to post defamatory materials in the discussion forums, and must take immediate action to remove any such material if it is posted. You must not permit your users to post material unless they agree that you may disclose their identities to any third party with a legitimate interest in knowing that information, such as law enforcement agencies, or a third party which is the subject of the user's defamatory comments.
- You must have relevant permissions to use others' intellectual property, for example, photographs taken by a third party.
- You must not pirate or illegally copy software or other proprietary material or enabling such copying through a peer-to-peer service. We provide a file exchange service on the clear understanding that it is not used for any illegal purpose.
- Any collection and processing of personal information must comply with data protection and privacy legislation.
- You must not use the Website to send or forward spam (unsolicited email), mail bombs, to launch denial of service attacks, or send viruses or other disruptive programs or devices, or to engage or enable others to engage in unauthorised decryption of protected material.
It is your responsibility to keep adequate backups of any material you add to our basic website templates, including the content of your Website, text and pictures and information you collect from your visitors or customers. Your backup should enable you to restore the Website in the event of disaster.
You will be responsible for any losses of data, breaches of security, viruses and disabling or harmful devices that you download or which infect your Website as a result of your error or omission or other precaution you fail to take in relation to your use of the Website.
If we need to contact you we will use the email address you give us when you register. You must ensure the email address is live. We will assume you have read any and all email addressed to that email address. We may take action (including legal action) on the basis of this assumption.
Breach of this AUP
We will endeavour to act fairly and reasonably if we suspect or discover a breach of our AUP, or if you breach, or we have grounds to suspect you have breached, any applicable law, code, policy or regulation.
However we do reserve the right to take whatever action we deem appropriate and proportionate in the circumstances. This may mean we send you a formal notice requiring you to desist from such behaviour. It may be suspension or termination of your access to the Website and any related email accounts without notice to you. It may mean we inspect or permit a police or other relevant authority to inspect any content and material posted by you or your users on the website and remove any content or material which we, in our absolute discretion, consider to be unacceptable or undesirable. We will be entitled to co-operate fully with a police or other relevant authority or any court order requesting or directing us to disclose your identity where you have posted such content or material on this SiteBuilder Website.
Because it is impossible to create an exhaustive list of unacceptable behaviour, we may conclude that some behaviour is unacceptable, and therefore suspend or terminate your access, even if it does not match exactly the examples set out in this AUP.
Our rights to terminate any Contract between us are set out in our Terms and Conditions.